Monday, June 07, 2004

Do you ever wish...

Do you ever wish that you could just meet Mr. Right the first time and just be done? I do. Unfortunately, life is not that easy. For the past two weeks, I was going out with this terrific guy. Lately, we have gone through our own separate little battles in life, but we were there for each other. I felt like God put us together so that we could help each other. I really started to have feelings for him and really cared about him... I wanted to do anything for him to make him happy.

But there was one problem..... college. I would be going to UGA and he would be going to Texas. Quite a distance if I say so myself. So as soon as the relationship started I knew that we would have to break up sometime before August. I just didn't know it was going to be two weeks after we hooked up. The first thing he said was "we need to talk..." That's all he had to say. Why do these conversations always have to start off that way. Yes.. the point gets across but...Anyway, we both agreed that it would be for the best. We didn't want to lead eachother on in a relationship that was doomed to be broken apart in the next month. We both shed a few tears... more me than him. I didn't think that I had gotten that attached in the past two weeks... especially when he was gone for a week on vacation. But I don't think it was that I was attached... it was the fact that I cared for him and I didn't want either of us to get hurt.

One thing is for sure.... I don't regret anything. I enjoyed every second I spent with him. I hope that since we are still good friends that he will still be able to talk to me about anything and everything.

What doesn't kill you... only makes you stronger. I'm not quite sure how this has made me stronger....

I wish my best girl friend were back from Chicago. Thankfully, my "brother" (no... not my brother-in-law) is willing to be there for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home