Sunday, October 17, 2004

What is going on!?

This past week has just been very weird for me.... I'm not quite sure how to explain it. Let's start with this past weekend...

The campout: Hmmmm.... NO clue where to start there. The whole thing was an adventure. I guess with my being tipsy I didn't care a whole lot at the time. A few things happened where I should refer to to my post "Living the Single Life," but then again, I do like the feeling of being held and safe... I'm a lost cause. Anyway.... next thing
English: Turned in my second paper last week.... no response on how badly I did. Class was cancelled Wed. Which was a big help for me.
Chem: Test was Thrusday.. I got an 84.79 (they don't round up...grrr). I know I'm hard on myself, but how else am I gonna get into the Vet School?
Academics in general: I've been slacking a great deal lately. I haven't been really doing my work. I'd get ready for class... and come to realize that I haven't done my homework for the class!
Boys: I'm not bold enough to go there.... I could get too personal and then I would feel embrassed.

Church (CSA): Oh my goodness! Sometime this week or next a group called Unison is going to be holding a "get together" with all the Christians on campus so they can "recapture the campus for Christ." Father Jack has told everyone that he will not be participating in these events. He says that they are excluding our fellow Muslims and Jews (whom share the same belief in the same God.... just not Jesus). So, at CSA Father Jack came and explained to us his reasoning. One girl, who was helping out with Unison, couldn't understand it. And we got into this HUGE debate. Throughout the debate I felt like I could contribute because: 1. I felt inferior (ppl were throwing out Bible verses and such) 2. My mind was trying to absorb everything that was being said by both sides (I'm a little slow). But now I have finally formed my opinion. I do believe that Jesus existed and that he died for us, to save us from our sins and from the fires of Hell. But I agree with Father Jack, you do not need to know or need Jesus to be saved and to go to Heaven. (gotta hand it to the contemporary Catholics.. :) ). I believe that Jesus was sent to help us live a better life. The opposing girl at CSA quoted from the Bible (don't remember where from though) "Jesus said, 'I am the way, the truth, and the light....'" Yes, he was. He was the guiding way, the guiding truth, the guiding light. There is more than one way to get to Heaven... living like and through Jesus is just one of them. What about the saving power of the Grace of God? As I said before, I do believe that Jesus existed and died for us, but I think that he was setting an example. He didn't have to die for us. He loved us as God did (hence him being not only 100% man, but 100% God..... God's only son). Jesus was a called a shepard many times... that just further explains the fact that he was guiding us to the right path to God and His kindgom.
I'm not quite sure if any of that is according to the Catholic standards ( I am not exactly up to date with whatever I am supposed to believe), and if that wasn't then I'm definitely not by some of the other beliefs I have concerning birth control, same sex marriages,... (I direct you to my blog "Bad dreams and beliefs").

This past Saturday was kind of a drag... homecoming. March downtown... boring football game.... not a whole lot to party about since we just beat a non-ranked football team 33-3. Should have been a shut-out. Oh well. Few highlights: 1. saw my ol band director, Mr. M 2. tailgate at Dan's... too bad I couldn't stay around but for like 20 mins. 3. Zaxby's dinner with Kevin A., Sam, and Kevin (hit his tuba at band camp by accident).

Hated not going out.. even just to hang with people. cuz I didn't know where to go, someone like two floors down was playing music so loudly I couldn't sleep, roomie is sick/not feeling well..... I coulnd't stand it. Why didn't I just go out and drive around? That would have been nicer....

Overall rating of week: (scale 1 to 10 where 10 is the worst) 8.5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home