Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Venting Time...

Ok.... so the reason I hate technology....

Attempting to make this long story short:

So I get back from raquetball :) , shower and then clean. And I decided to start my chem lab report (instead of reading). I pop in the orange diskette that has my report saved.... and it says that I need to format the diskette cuz it can't read it!!!!??? WTF!!?
So I pop in the diskette with my bio reports (red diskette... very important cuz I have to submit a hard copy).... and it says the same thing!!? *Thinking: oh fuck.... oh please mary mother of God let my other disks work* I pop in my english diskette (blue).... wait for it.... IT WORKS!!? Ok... I don't understand cuz everything was saved using my desktop computer at home. So I go downstairs and email the documents to myself (the lab downstairs is able to read my disk...). I save everything to my laptop and pop in a new red diskette: I press save to save my bio reports again. And the computer says it can't cuz it can't read the disk in the first place and i have to format it??????!!! What the hell does that mean!? So I pop in a green disk.... THAT WORKS. The orange didn't work again either (when I tried to save my chem report).

So moral of the story: orange and red disks don't work and blue and green do. Purple might work.... those disks haven't been tested yet.

Jon... any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What antiquated world are you living in, Ginnie? Who uses floppy disks anymore? I know you have one of those nice little USB drives on your keychain. I've seen it... it's just like mine (you have good taste, obviously). Use that... more space, faster access times, easier to use, more reliable. Screw floppy disks. I haven't used one in ages and my laptop doesn't even have a floppy drive!

As for your specific problem... are the orange and red disks some special type of floppy disk? Like ones that store more info than a standard floppy (more than 1.4 meg) but only work on a special type of drive? That may be the issue. The color of the disk literally should have absolutely no bearing on the disk itself... the computer reads the little thingy that spins around inside the disk and doesn't care about your floppy disk fashion sense. (I'm sure you probably pick the color disk than matches your shoes, right? I don't even need to ask... I know I'm right.)

Seriously... screw the floppies and use the USB drive. The future is here, and it doesn't include floppy disks.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home