Saturday, August 19, 2006

First day of classes

weren't what I expected.

Anyway, my classes thus far and what I think of them.

Cell Biology: a little hard to say, but I think it will challenge me quite a bit. The teachers don't talk very loud. I may have to move to the front... uh oh.

Physics II: apparently I am taking one of the hardest teachers... yay... but I hear he is really good at what he does. I don't mind the fact that he is also gay, but it's the fact that he does the stereotypical voice... no joke. the voice is annoying... that's about it. OH! he requires us to turn in homework. yeah.... I'm not in high school you jack ass! I know how to take care of myself.

Speech: it's speech.... it's going to suck. Four speeches (five really, but one of them isn't graded). Introduction (ungraded), imitation (do a speech that someone else has written), policy persuasive (enough said... i'm totally doing drinking age if I can), point-counterpoint speech (paired) and point-counterpoint rebuttal (which is done after you hear the opposing teams' speech.... totally on the fly!!!) I don't like speaking of the fly.... I'm going to hate this class. I'd drop it, but I can't find another class. Grrrr

Project FOCUS: go off campus and observe and teach at an elementary school. Should be fun... hopefully not too stressful.

Animal and Dairy Science seminar: go to class.... listen to speakers. But here's the twist: 10 points go toward forming a resume and critquing it and interviewing an animal science professional. THEN! there's 20 points that need to be "made up" by doing various things from a list that the teacher provided us with. Like I have time for all that!

I'm going to be very busy with all this AND working at the Vet school. I'm gonna kill myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home