Monday, May 02, 2005

The system is no longer fucked

It's happy dance time!!

Even though my English grade might be a B, there is a good chance that the History grade might be an A!!Here is the following email conversation *NOTE: you must read the bottom message first and work way up... sorry*

Ginnie-- I'm certainly convinced that you took it. I hate to make you do it again, but that might indeed be the easiest solution at this point. Why don't you drop by my office a few minutes before the review session -- LeConte 111. Sorry about this! JI

---- Original message ---->Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 15:39:51 -0400>From: >Subject: Re: missing quiz >To: John Inscoe >">jinscoe@uga.edu>>

It was the Praying for Sheetrock quiz. I sent out an email
>to all the TA's asking for them to look through their
>stacks. I even gave a description of my quiz cuz I made a
>big mistake. I've only heard back from Mao (my TA) and
>James, both of whom have not found my quiz.
>>I don't know how I can prove I was there (unless attendence
>was taken) but maybe this will help: I messed up on the
>second or thrid question which asked about what character I
>thought was most memorable besides Tom Poppel and Alston
>Thurnell. I accidently misread the question and answered
>why I thought Alston Thurnell was most memorable. After I
>realized my mistake I scratched it all out (in blue ink) and
>wrote my real answer - Revrend Grovner was the most
>memorable in my opinion (next to Thurnell and Poppell).
>>Somehow I don't think very many quizzes had that on there. I
>doubt this really proves that I took the quiz, but if there
>is any other way, I will do it. Maybe I can retake the quiz
>tomorrow during the review session.

>>---- Original message ---->>Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 15:25:42 -0400>>From: John Inscoe >>Subject: Re: missing quiz >>To: ginniep@uga.edu>>>>

Ginnie-- Don't worry; we'll get this straightened out. Can
>>you clarify which quiz you're referring to? Was it Flags of
>>Our Fathers? That was the other one, along w/ Praying for
>>Sheetrock, that I think the TA's passed back on Thursday. >JI >>

>>>>---- Original message ---->>>Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:17:45 -0400>>>From: >>>Subject: missing quiz >>>To: jinscoe@uga.edu>>>>>>

Professor Inscoe,
>>>>>>My name is Virginia Rose Poorbaugh. I attend your
>>>Tuesday/Thursday 2:00 - 3:15pm lecture class. This past
>>>Thursday, April 28th, we received our term paper and
>Praying For Sheetrock quiz. However, according to my TA, my book
>>>quiz was misplaced, I never received a grade, and my TA
>>>never got a quiz to grade. I was, without a doubt,
>present the day we took the quiz. My TA, Mao Lin, said that maybe
>>>the quiz mistakenly was mixed with another TAs. I can only
>>>hope that this happened. Otherwise, Mao said that he must
>>>assume that I did not take the quiz and therefore, I would
>>>receive a zero.
I wish to have this speedily taken care of and without
>>>trouble. But I do not want to receive a zero for a quiz
>>>that I took (unless that is the grade I deserve for
>>>incorrectly answering the questions). I should not have to
>>>be penalized for the TAs misplacing my quiz.
>>>>>>I hope there is some way to take care of this situation.>
>>>>>Sincerely,
>>>Virginia Poorbaugh


Oh wow.... How joyous!!!! So I will definitely only have to make an 85 on the final instead of a 109... I think that is feesable (sp?)

Yay!
Do a little dance
Making a little love
Get down tonight
Get down tonight

I'll be getting down with chemistry tonite... even more fun!! Whoohoo!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happy this worked out for you. Glad your professor seems like a reasonable guy, even though your TA is not.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Trey said...

...And I'm glad you're not being bent over a desk by the History dept. anymore! This weekend will be better, I get to hang out with you guys all day. Good luck on your finals, and here's hoping the Mexicans can give me another week of automotive bliss...

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home