Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Things I've learned so far this semester

This is nothing academic (for I will forget everything over the summer). I'm talking about college life and just life in general:

Most TA's are a pain in the ass and don't speak English

Jittery Joe's coffee is best at 11pm (Starbuck's works too)

Water and bread are the best things for a hang over

Dry heeving (sp?) sucks (You know this one all too well, Jon)

Friend's 21st Birthday's are awesome

Any kind of party is fun

Have a goodly supply of mini trashbags when driving drunk people home (they might just throw up)

Getting all A's is very hard to do (but do-able!!!)

PE classes are the best way to meet incredibly great guys ;)

Moving out of the dorms is a hell of a lot easier than moving in

Russell Hall sucks

Classes get in the way of college life

ALWAYS check to see if your alarm clock is off if you will not be returning to your room that night (oops!)

It sucks when you lock yourself out of your room after just taking a shower (slightly embarassing to walk down to front desk in nothing but a robe)

Nobody pays attention to quiet hours

SLC stands for Students Lacking in Concentration

The big fluffy chairs in the SLC are for sleeping... not studying

History professors are the coolest

Prof Atwood and Stanton are two of the biggest douchebags in the chem department

When life throws you lemons.... get some tequila and salt

Pink Panty Pull-Down is an incredible drink (Vodka and Everclear!!!?? What a combo!)

Subway is open til midnight

Without friends, I don't know where I would be (Thanks guys.... I love you!)

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow... go along with life

Laughter is the best thing when stressed

Crying sucks

Florida rocks (not the football team.... as a vacation spot)

Ramen Noodles saved my life more than once

Stalkers are creepy

People keep asking me for advice on girls/relationships.... WHY!? I haven't had one successful relationship (ever!). Here's my philosophy: Deal with it. If you love/like a person very much, then you'll get through it.

Girls (including myself) read too much into things

Hockey games are awesome

Mitch Hedberg... may he rest in peace

The Catholic Center is awesome

The gynob is a scary place (thank goodness it's only once a year!!!!!)

I suck at taking shots

It takes approximately two medium-strong drinks to get my tipsy

I am my father's daughter

I don't pick up after myself (much)

I drink powerade and water like it's going out of style

I started planning my apartment right when I signed my lease

3 months from today Band Camp starts (SWEET!!)

Taxes suck

Don't belive everything you hear

Looks can be deceiving

Don't blindly trust your leaders

Always smile, you never know who's looking

The dining halls are okay

Always remember to have a little fun.... school is important, but if you don't have fun, then what is the point?

These are the best days of our lives

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-D You've learned a lot this year! And trust me, the things you listed above are all more important than that crap your professors taught you in those classes.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Sure as hell is...

Every thing I will be taught as an undergrad for the next three years will mean NOTHING!!!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know about that. Per my sister, all those bio and chem classes you have to take will actually be somewhat helpful during your DVM program.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Oh... I know the bio stuff will help me out... and i guess half of the chem (o-chem)... and maybe anatomy... and...

ok ok ok... so maybe not ALL my classes mean nothing.

But a good few of them

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home