Thursday, August 04, 2005

Eyes Wide Open

I'm horrible at psychology... always have and always will be.

However, the subject fasciniates me. I have always wanted the ability to know who other people are just by watching them or reading something they have written... the way they talk. But I do not have that ability. If I did have this ability, I would be able to give people a direct answer when they ask questions about my personality.

One friend of mine has painted a portrait of me in a different light I believe:

you are intelligent, analytical, have not only the ability to think abstractly but also the ability to challenge that innate ability in others. You are sensitive. Sometimes too much. But you are a girl. A lot of little things make you happier than one large thing, but you wouldnt mind something nice and big happening to you sometime. You may not look organized in terms of what your room/place looks like, but you know where everything is, and you try to keep it up as well as you can when your schedule permits. You work hard now so you can play later. You think that something bad is going to happen at any moment, but you put that premonition aside with a sandwich from subway and a cup of coffee from starbucks. You know who your friends are. You also know immediately about people when you meet them within the first 5 minutes. you stereotype, but don't we all without knowing it? You value the opinions of your friends, but it never seems to make the pain of what someone else said to you go away completely. The biggest thing for you is not to make yourself happy. It is to make those you love and care about happy. Doing this hurts you more than not doing it, and you feel shattered when you cant achieve the higher standard you've set for yourself, or when people dont realize what you do for them. This is your weakness in life, but it is also your strongest virtue. It is what makes you get up each morning and face another day of trials. It is why you love life.

And all this after just reading my blog, but I guess it helps that he was my Bio TA last semester.

I envy those with this ability.

Call me vain and conceited, but I like to understand how other people see me... especially since I have a hard time seeing myself.

They say that the only one who knows me best is myself, but that's just not true....at least I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home