Monday, April 24, 2006

RIP Smokey

This past Thursday my favorite, most beloved cat, Smokey, died due to unknown causes. He was seen the day before with a field mouse in his jaws. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. I will spare the details of his death, but I hope that it was swift and nonpainful. He was only 10 years old (ish). I've had him since he was born. His cute little body and abnormally large head, which he grew into as the rest of him did.

I remember he would jump up to the top bunk where I slept for a good few years of my life. With his strong hind legs he would jump to full 8ish feet to the top where he would then strut around me like I was his prey. Then after "mashing" around for a few minutes about my head, he would plop down on my pillow next to my head.

In the morning, just before my alarm clock would sound, Smokey would get up purring away smearing snot on my face. When his snot-inducing waking method did not work, he would bite my nose, which, of course, would awake me immediately.

I miss my beautiful furry best friend. I don't think any other cat could take his place. I love him still and miss him so much even though I don't get to see him much.

Last time I saw him was the weekend before... easter. At least I got to say good-bye, but I didn't think that it would be the last...

Good bye Smokey, my most beloved kitty cat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ginnie! its Jill. I'm sorry you lost your cat... I understand how it feels. I've lost several.

I was reading some of your other entries, so do you make jewllery??? cause if you do that definatlly rocks! Because i do too! how many pieces have you made? Do you have any pictures?

Hope everthing is going well- Jill

if you want to e=mail me its: jillpickle817@aol.com

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home