Sunday, August 21, 2005

What if...

Our lives are plauged by the "what if's" we ask ourselves. During times of solitude I always ask myself how my life would be different if such and such had happened. Examples:

What if I went to Berkmar HS instead of Parkview HS?
I would be gothic and probably some type of liberal arts major (that last part is debatable).
I would not have been on the flagline thus not ending up at UGA or on it's flagline.
I would still be as sarcastic as ever.
I would have never been a sweetheart in DeMolay and made some of the most memorable friends I have even today (including those at Parkview).

What if I never joined the flagline on a whim to meet new people at a new school?
I would still be at UGA, but not on the flag line.
I would be majoring in Animal Health still.

Like in my favorite poem our lives are a combination of pre-destination and free will. God does have His plan, and He tries to give you so many paths to that destiny when you fall astray. But we do have to make our own decision to take the path to ultimate happiness or the path to an alternative happiness. I'm not quite sure which path I'm on right now, but from where I stand now it looks decently smooth and happy.

Prayer time (since I won't be making it to church today... need to meet someone to get my ochem books)
Oh Gracious God,
Thank you for everything in this life that you have given me: love, friends, family, and fortune. You look after me in your flock and chase after me when I run astray. I thank you for your help and guidance in the decisions I make even though at times I may be selfish and greedy and undeserving of your help. Please forgive me. I pray that you look over those I love and care about (especially my sister). Tell my grandmother I love her and miss her very much.
Our Father and Hail Mary
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home